Today I decided to finish the card that had left me fed up with a Kanban kit I bought from Create and Craft before Christmas. I was taken up with Christmas card making when it arrived and wasn't sure If the 30 days return time had expired when I got around to using it. I was a bit disappointed in the kit but wanted to make a Christening card for a girl and it had one in it. (Not as nice as the boy's card I'd made with a decoupage sheet from Card Craft Plus last year.) I had almost finished the card when I found two of the embellishments had been wrongly printed: the purple shoes came with two sets for the right hand side of the card and none for the left. The same applied to the pots of flowers on the steps by the door. I emailed Kanban and got no reply! In a similar situation Cardcraft plus sent a replacement sheet by return of post. Which firm shall I be most inclined to patronise in future? I give you just one guess!! Anyway this morning I decided I was going to finish that card somehow. I removed the right hand pot and used it as a template to cut another one from white card, drew the pot and coloured it a bit with crayons, then covered both flowers with sweet pea flower soft (I hadn't got any mauve flower soft which would have been more appropriate) and I think it's worked. First time I have actually used flower soft too!
I tidied up the pile of papers and catalogues that get pushed in with the phone directories today and right at the bottom found the design sheets that came with Christmas flower soft colours - They got a bit bent in the post and I had put them under the heavy pile of directories and catalogues to flatten them - and then forgot about them. Now they have gone upstairs with the other Christmas card fixings to await this year's marathon sometime in October!!
- DHChristening-cpd.JPG (24.69 KiB) Viewed 349 times