Ultra Fine embossing powder

Share your top tips on stamping, quilling, embellishments and more....!

Ultra Fine embossing powder

Postby Chatts » Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:36 pm

Hi I have this Christmas stamp with very small writing on it. The problem is the writing is not showing up when I emboss it. I think this is because the embossing powder I am using is too course. I have heard there are ultrafine embossing powders but wondered if anyone knew the best place to get some. The stamp does look good when embossed even though you cant see the wording as it just looks like dimpled metal but it would be nice to use the stamp as it was intended.[align=center][image]http://www.docrafts.co.uk/content/products/large/PMA%2010022L.jpg[/image][/align]
Chatts

RE: Ultra Fine embossing powder

Postby Barb » Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:08 pm

It looks like a reverse stamping rubber stamp where the background is what is printed and the words will remain the colour of the background that you stamped on - if that makes sense.

If thats what it is Then you're best just stamping with a dye ink pad and not heat embossing at all. It's a nice stamp and would look good stamped in lots of different colours.[:D]

But as there is a motive in the middle of the stamp it might be an idea to stamp a second time with a versmark pad and emboss. Then cut out the centre part and decoup on top of the first stamped image. You may be able to cut the centre out carefully with a craft knife so you can keep the embossed outside to use with something else. It won't matter if you can't read it. May look nice as a small frame for something else - perhaps on an atc - just an idea .

Barbxx
Barb

Postby Chatts » Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:17 am

Hi Barb

You are quite right it is what I think they call a relief stamp, but I am open to correction!!! I have embossed it and as I said it does look good even though you can see the wording. But I suppose I could just stamp the design and not emboss like you said. Many thanks for your suggestins

June
Chatts

Postby Barb » Thu Sep 13, 2007 6:57 pm

Well its a very nice stamp [:D] I'm sure your right with the name - I couldn't remember what they are called.[&:]

Barbxx
Barb

Postby weasel » Fri Sep 14, 2007 10:55 am

I have an ultrafine ink pad (black) that I keep for stamps with writing on it, or stamps with lots of fine detail.

I bought it from WHSmiths. It's actually called Ultrafine on the pad. This may help with this stamp.

Anj x
weasel

Postby Chatts » Tue Sep 18, 2007 8:35 pm

Thanks Weasel I know I remember them talking about stamping fine detail on C&C and I think it was that Jayne who does the mandella stamping. She said use a clear versamark ink pad rather than a gold one and I did find this gave a sharper image but still couldnt see the wording properly. I like the stamp both ways anyway.
Chatts

Return to Craft Chat